Today lets try a semi-gravy roasted chicken curry in traditional Farmtorasoi style.
The recipe is spicy and works as great complement with your lunch or dinner.
Whole Roasted Chicken Curry
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 Whole (1 kg) Chicken
- 2 Medium Size Potato Cut into medium cubes
- 1 Medium Size Tomato Chopped
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder
- 1 Stick Dal Chini
- 2 Laung
- 2 Elaichi
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Big Size Onion Sliced Long
- 1 Dry Red Chilly
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chilly Sauce
- 2 Green Chillies Slit Lengthwise
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 100 gm Mustard Oil
- Salt To Taste
How to Roast Chicken
- Wash the whole chicken properly.
- Now, marinate the chicken with turmeric powder and salt. Keep for 30 mins.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a deep frying pan, preferably non-sticky pan.
- Dunk the chicken into the oil. Keep the flame medium.
- Stir frequently until the chicken begins to roast. The chicken will secrete water of its own. If required, you can cover the pan and allow to roast. Do this for about 30 mins.
- Remove the pan from fire and keep the roasted chicken aside.
How to prepare curry
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Fry the potato pieces till golden brown. Remove the potatoes and keep aside separately.
- In the same oil, add cumin seeds, 1 bay leaf, 1 red chilly and smashed dal chini, laung and elaichi.
- Now, add the sliced onions and green chillies. Reduce flame and fry till onion turn slightly golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cumin powder, coriander powder, kashmiri red chilly powder, haldhi powder and salt. Mix well and cook till oil secrete from the mixture.
- Now add the roasted chicken into the mixture. Mix well so that the chicken gets coated with the masala.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, add fried potatoes, tomato ketchup, soya sauce and chilly sauce. Mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- When water bubbles, close the pressure cooker. Cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow pressure to release normally.
- Open the cover and add butter to the curry.
- Your recipe is ready.
Serve hot with rice. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!