Vegetable Pulao is a delicious medley of assorted vegetables, spices and rice. Good quality basmati rice is preferred for pulao due to its aroma, taste and fluffiness.
This dish is common in Indian households, and form part of most party and restaurant menus.
Farmtorasoi's vegetable pulao (pilaf)
- 750 gm Basmati Rice 4 tbsp Sugar Washed, soaked and pat-dried
- 1 large size Carrot
- 5-6 French Beans
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 5-6 Cloves (Laung)
- 5-6 Cardamon (Elaichi)
- 1 inch Cinnamon (Dalchini)
- 10-12 Cashew Nuts
- 10 gm Raisins (Kismis)
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 20-22 tbsp Refined Oil
- 3-4 tbsp Sugar
- Salt To taste
- Cut the carrots and beans in very small cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add carrots, beans and little salt. Fry for some time. Keep aside.
- In same oil, fry cashews and kismis. Keep aside.
- Now, heat oil in a pressure cooker. Once hot, add laung, elaichi, dalchini and bay leaf. Saute for a while.
- Add rice and mix all the ingredients. Fry the contents for 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Keep on frying till rice becomes brownish.
- Now, add ghee and water. (The general water to rice ratio for cooking rice is 2:1). Cover the lid of the cooker and let it cook to two whistles.
- Allow the cooker to release pressure normally.
- Now, open the lid and add vegetables, kaju and kismis. Mix well.
- Cover and keep aside for few minutes. Your pulao is ready.