Vegetable fried rice is cooked with pre-cooked rice and seasonal vegetables like peas, beans, and carrots. It is ideal to use Basmati rice for this preparation.
Farmtorasoi's Vegetable Fried Rice
- 1/2 kg Basmati Rice
- 1 cup Green Peas
- 10-12 Cashew Nuts
- 15 gm Raisins
- 1 inch Cinnamon (Dalchini) Stick
- 4 Cloves (Laung)
- 4 Cardamon (Elaichi)
- 1/2 cup French Beans Finely chopped
- 2 medium size Carrots Finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 10-12 tbsp Refined Oil
- Salt To taste
- Keep all the ingredients ready.
- Wash and soak basmati rice. Add rice and water in the pressure cooker. Pressure cook for 1 whistle. Allow the steam to release naturally.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add dalchini, laung and elaichi, and saute for a while.
- Add chopped carrot. Fry for some time.
- Now, add beans. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add cashew and raisins, and keep on frying. Add the peas as well.
- Add salt and mix gently.
- When all the ingredients are cooked and mixed properly, add the cooked rice. Mix the rice thoroughly while ensuring minimal breakage of the grains.
- Add sugar and mix gently.
- Remove pan from fire. Sprinkle 2 tbsp of ghee. Your fried rice is ready.
Vegetable fried rice can be served hot during lunch or dinner with any spicy Indian curry or yogurt. Perfect for packed lunches also. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!