Vegetable Biryani is an authentic Indian dish with tasty vegetables in layers of rice and aromatic spices.
- 2 Cup Basmati Rice
- 2 Cup Mixed Vegetables - Finely chopped. Vegetables should include cauliflower, potato, capsicum, peas, bean and carrot.
- 10 Small Cubes Paneer
- 2-3 Green Chillies Chopped
- 1 Large Size Onion Grated
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 10 Cashew Nuts (Kaju)
- 10 Raisins
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander (Dhania) Powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder
- 2 tbsp Biryani Masala
- 4 Star Anise
- 3 Elaichi
- 2 Laung
- 1 Medium Stick Dal Chini (Cinnamon)
- 5 Cloves Garlic Finely Chopped
- 1/2 inch Ginger Chopped
- 1 Medium Size Tomato Make a Paste
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 1 Small Bunch Coriander (Dhania) Leaves Finely Chopped
- Salt To Taste
- In a pan, heat some cooking oil and slightly fry the paneer pieces with little salt. Keep the paneer pieces aside.
- Now, heat oil in a pan. Add bay leaf, chopped ginger and chopped garlic. Saute for a minute.
- Add chopped onions. Fry till it turn golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and tomato paste. Mix well and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- When oil oozes out, add the chopped vegetables. Fry for sometime.
- Now add Jeera Powder, Dhania Powder, Kashmiri Mirch Powder, Biryani Masala, Turmeric Powder and Salt. Mix.
- Stir in low flame.
- Cover the pan with lid.
- Open the lid and stir in between.
- When the ingredients tend to stick to the pan, add 1/2 cup water.
- Add paneer. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove pan from fire.
- Now, heat ghee in a pan. Add bay leaf, Star Anise, Elaichi, Laung and Dal Chini. Saute for a while.
- Add water (enough to cook 2 cups of rice).
- When water boils, add Basmati Rice, Pinch of salt and Pinch of haldhi. Cover the pan with lid.
- Once rice is fully cooked, remove from fire.
- Now, in the serving bowl, spread the vegetables in one layer. Then rice on top of it.
- Garish with chopped dhania leaves and ghee.
Serve hot with raita. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!