In Assam, it is a tradition to serve duck meat to guests. There are many varieties of recipes made from duck meat.
Farmtorasoi presents one recipe of duck meat curry contributed by our guest author, Babita Das Bharali.
Traditional Duck Curry
- 500 gms Duck Meat Cut into medium size pieces
- 3 Medium Size Onions Chopped
- 1 Large Size Potato Cut into medium size cubes
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander (Dhania) Powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- 4 Green Chillies Slit in the middle.
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 25 gm Mustard Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Wash the duck meat pieces and set aside to dry
- Make a paste of ginger and garlic.
- Heat Oil in a pan.
- First put the bay leaf into the hot oil. Then put onion and green chillies. Keep frying till onion turn golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and mix well. Reduce the flame and keep frying for 3-4 minutes.
- Now, put duck meat and potatoes, and mix them.
- Add Turmeric Powder and Salt. Mix and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Cover pan with lid and let the meat cook on medium flame.
- After around 10 minutes, add cumin powder and coriander powder. Mix meat and masala, and fry for a while.
- When oil oozes out from the meat and it starts to stick to the pan, add 1 glass of hot water.
- Cook on high flame till gravy thickens to your desired consistency.
- Add garam masala powder. Stir the curry.
- Remove from flame.
Serve with hot steamed rice. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!