Aloo Bonda is a typical snack item with region specific variations. It is believed that ‘bonda’ has its origin in south India.
Today lets try out ‘Tomato Stuffed Aloo Bonda’ recipe that has been shared by our guest author Rashna.
Tomato Stuffed Aloo Bonda
- 3 Medium Size Potato
- 4 Medium Size Tomato
- 4-5 Green Chillies Finely Chopped
- 1 inch Ginger Grated
- 1 cup Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped
- 1.5 cups Besan or Chickpea Flour
- 1/4 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Amchur Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- Cooking Oil For deep frying.
- Salt To Taste
- Take besan, 1/2 tbsp salt, red chilly powder, turmeric and baking powder in large mixing bowl.
- Pour water little by little and mix well. Make a moderately thick batter.
- Now, boil the potatoes. Peel and mash them without making mushy. Mix chopped green chillies, grated ginger, chopped coriander leaves, amchur powder, red chilly powder, turmeric and salt.
- Next step is to chop the tomatoes into round and thick slices in the shape of disc.
- Take a tomato slice and cover it with potato stuffing over and around it.
- Now, heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Dip slice into the batter so that it is coated well.
- Fry the slice in oil on medium flame.
- Stir, flip and fry till golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place bonda on tissue paper.
- Repeat this process for all the slices.
- Your tomato stuffed aloo bonda is ready.
Serve hot with any chutney or ketchup. A much sought after item for your evening tea!!! Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!