Chutney is a common side item in almost every Indian meal.
Today we will present a tangy chutney of tomatoes that will tickle taste buds.
Tomato Chutney (thakkali thokku or bilahi chutney)
- 6 medium size Tomatoes
- 4 Green Chilllies Slit into half
- 2 Red Dry Chillies Slit into half
- 1/2 tbsp Black Cumin Seeds (Kala Jeera)
- 50 gm Cashew (Kaju)
- 25 gm Raisins (Kismis)
- 50 gm Jaggery (Gur)
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil Prefarably mustard oil
- Salt To taste
- Keep all the ingredients ready.
- Boil the tomatoes in water for sometime and peel off skin.
- Then mix the tomatoes in a mixer and prepare a paste
- Now heat oil in a pan and splutter kala jeera and red chilies
- Add tomato paste, little turmeric and salt to taste.
- Stir the mixture for a while
- Add green chilies and jaggery, and stir again for 4-5 minutes
- Add kaju and kismis, and stir till the mixture gets rid of water.
- Cook to a thick consistency.
You can pair tomato chutney with some rice or savour it with a paratha, luchi, idli, dosa, uttapam and almost anything. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!