In Assam, you can find varieties of taro, each with unique taste and name. Dudh Kosu is one such local variant of taro.
Today farmtorasoi presents taro chutney prepared from Dudh Kosu. The recipe is easy to prepare and great in taste.
Taro Chutney - Kosu Bota
- 3 Stick Dudh Kosu (Taro or Colocasia) Stem
- Small Lemon-Sized Tamarind
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tbsp Sugar
- 6 Green Chillies
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- Salt To Taste
- Peel taro (Colocasia) stems and cut them into small pieces. Press a bit to remove watery discharge from the stems.
- Now, de-seed the tamarind ball.
- In a grinder, add the taro (Colocasia) stem, tamarind, green chillies, mustard seeds, garlic, salt and sugar.Make a thick paste.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl and add a little bit of mustard oil.Mix well.
Kosu Bota or Colocasia Chutney is a side dish to your meal. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!