Farmtorasoi brings exotic and tantalizing sweet and tangy jujube pickle in traditional Indian style.
Khatta Mitha Ber Ka Achar
- 1 kg Jujube (Ber)
- 1/2 kg Jaggery
- 1 tbsp Fennel (Saunf) Powder
- 2 tbsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 5 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 cup Water
- Sun dry the jujube fruits for 2-3 days.
- Pound the jujube fruits in a pounder so that they crack.
- Heat a pan, add jaggery and salt in it. Let it melt
- Now add water and let it boil. Add sugar to it as well.
- When the desired consistency is obtained, add jujube. Mix the ingredients.
- Add red chilly powder, saunf powder, salt and vinegar.
- Cook for some time. The mixture should become semi-thick.
- Remove from fire and let the achar cool.
- Transfer to a glass container and place it in sunlight.
- Its good to place jar under sunlight regularly to avoid fungal attack.
Relish sweet and sour jujube pickle with meal, roti or parantha. While taking out pickle from jar, use clean and dry spoon.