At times, we like to have some simple recipe which is less spicy as well as tasty. Today’s ‘Soya Chunks and Potato Sabzi‘ is an exclusive Farmtorasoi’s dish. Taste is homely and mouthwatering!!
Soya Chunks and Potato Sabzi
- 200 gm Soya Chunks
- 2 Large Size Potato Cut into medium cubes
- 1 Large Size Onion
- 1 Small Size Tomato Chopped into small pieces
- 4 Pod Garlic
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 2 Green Chilly Cut into halves
- 1 Dry Red Chilly
- 1 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Seeds
- 1 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander (Dhania) Powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 25 gm Cooking Oil Preferably Mustard Oil
- Salt to taste
- Soak Soya Bean Chunks in water for 30 minutes. Squeeze the excess water.
- Fry the Soya chunks in little oil, turmeric powder and salt.
- Boil the potato in pressure cooker. Assumable for 2 whistles so that the potatoes are medium cooked.
- Peel off the skin and cut the potatoes into medium cubes.
- Make a paste of onion, ginger and garlic.
- In a pan, heat oil. When hot, saute with cumin seeds and dry chilly.
- Now, add onion, ginger ad garlic paste. Stir for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomato. Stir till it collapse into a thick paste.
- Add jeera powder, dhania powder, red chilly powder, haldhi powder and salt. Pour 1 tbsp water. Mix the ingredients well.
- Add the potato cubes. Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the soya chunks. Keep stirring for another 5 minutes.
- When the contents thicken, add a bowl of water (or as per desired consistency)
- Cover the pan and cook in medium flame.
- As the gravy thickens, remove from fire.
Serve hot with rice or roti.
Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!