There will be hardly any non-vegetarian foodie who have not relished tandoori chicken as a starter. The dish originated from the Indian subcontinent and is popular globally.
Tandoori Chicken is prepared in a tandoor or oven. However, today let us try a deviation and prepare Smoked Tandoori Chicken in a microwave. The recipe is contributed by our guest author, Rashna.
Smoked Tandoori Chicken in Microwave
- 1 kg Chicken Cut into large pieces
- 2 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 2 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 1 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- Salt To Taste
- 3 Small Pieces Charcoal
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Clean and wash chicken pieces. Add ginger paste, garlic paste, red chilly powder, curd, turmeric powder and salt, and mix well. Marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Now, place the marinated chicken pieces in a microwave proof bowl.
- Insert the bowl in the microwave. Set the temperature to 230 degree and timer to 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken pieces from microwave and place them on the sides of the bowl. At the centre of the bowl place a small steel bowl.
- Heat the charcoal pieces by holding it on gas flame. When the charcoal pieces burn, place them in the small bowl. Drop 1 tbsp Ghee on the burning charcoal.
- Cover the bowl containing tandoori chicken and small bowl with a lid. Let the smoke emanating from the charcoal pieces get mixed with chicken.
- When charcoal is completely burnt, uncover the lid.
- Serve smoked tandoori chicken hot.