Chorchori or CharChari or Sorsori is a Bengali delicacy. It is easy to prepare, excellent taste, and a Bengali star dish.
Today, FarmtoRasoi explores chorchori prepared with small fish. This recipe is shared by our esteemed guest author, Rashna.
The dish is best prepared with small fish of the Aspodiparia (Bariyala) or Mystustener (Tengra / Singara) variety.
#SmallFishRecipe #FishCurry #FishRecipe #Chorchori #Sorsori #CharChari
Small Fish Chorchori Recipe
- 250 gms Small Fish (Bariyala or Tengra)
- 2 Big Size Onion Finely Chopped
- 2-3 Green Chillies Slit in the middle
- 1/2 tbsp Kalonji
- 50 gms Mustard Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- Salt To Taste
- Clean small fish well.Next, add the turmeric powder, salt, green chilies, and mustard oil. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Now, heat oil in a frying pan. Add kalonji and sauté for a while. Add the chopped onions. Fry for 2-3 minutes.Remember that you do not need to let the onions get brownish.
- Add the marinated fish on top of the onions. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then flip all the fish over so the fish cooks on the other side as well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add 2 cups of water. Mix well.
- Cover the skillet.
- Over low heat, let the fish cook.
- When water begins to dry and oil is secreted from the sauce, turn off the flame.If you wish, you can decorate with chopped coriander leaves.