From the kitchen of Jamini, Farmtorasoi presents another traditional, authentic and local recipe from Assam. Though we prepare this item with potato, you can substitute potato with rui or katla fish as well.
Skunk Vine and Curry Leaves Gravy
- 2 Cup Narasingha Paat (Curry leaves)
- 2 Cup Bhedailota Paat (Skunk Vine)
- 1 Big Size Potato Cut into medium cubes
- 1 Medium Size Onion Make Paste
- 10-15 Small Cloves Garlic Make Paste
- 5-6 Green Chillies
- 1 tbsp Black Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Keep the ingredients ready.
- Grind curry leaves, Bhedailata (Skunk Vine) and Green Chillies with a little bit of water in a mixture and make a paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the potato cubes by adding turmeric and salt.
- When the potato cubes are cooked, remove them from pan.
- Now, add little more oil in the pan and let it heat. Add black cumin seeds and saute for a while.
- Add onion paste and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add garlic paste to it. Fry till the raw smell of garlic vanishes.
- Now, add bhedailata, narasingha and chilly paste. Mix well and fry.
- Add salt and turmeric and cook with occasional stirring.
- When oil starts to ooze from the mixture, add a cup of water. Allow to boil.
- In the boiling curry add the potato pieces. Cover the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the pan and cook till gravy thickens.
- Remove from fire.
Related Reading: PAEDERIA FOETIDA – BHEBELI LOTA