Kheer or Payasam is a rice pudding made across India. It is prepared in festivals, temples, and all special occasions. It is also taken as a dessert or during meals as side dish.
- 50 gm Rice (Joha, Gobindobhog or any small grain rice)
- 1.5 litre Milk
- 1 bowl Jaggery
- 10-12 Cashew
- Boil milk in a deep pan.
- Once milk starts to thicken, add rice to it. Stir continuously till rice is cooked.
- Add jaggery and few pieces of cashew.
- Cook till rice mixes with milk and thickens.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and garnish with cashew.
Kheer is served hot or chilled. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!