Have you tried Rajma Recipe at home? Today Farmtorasoi will be talking about rajma masala recipe in retaurant style that can be prepared right in your kitchen. Savor it with rice and you will get the dish called ‘Rajma Chawal’ popular in North India.
Read another Rajma recipe: DAL MAKHANI FROM RASHNA’S KITCHEN
Rajma Masala Recipe
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 Cup Rajma
- 1 Big Size Onion Finely Chopped
- 4 Medium Size Potatoes
- 4 Medium Size Tomatoes
- 10-15 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 2 Dry Red Chilly
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander (Dhania) Powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garam Masala
- 50 gm Mustard Oil
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves Chopped
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3/4 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- Salt To taste
- Keep all the ingredients ready.
- Soak Rajma in water for one night or 7-8 hours. Drain the water.
- Make a paste of ginger, garlic and green chillies in a grinder. Set aside.
- Make another paste of tomatoes. Set aside.
- Now, cut each of the potatoes in two halves.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the potatoes until golden brown. Set aside.
- Now, heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add dry red chilies and the chopped onion. Fry until golden brown.
- Add the tomato paste. Stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Now, add the garlic ginger paste, cumin powder, dhania powder, garam masala, kashmiri red chilly powder, haldhi, and salt. Mix well.
- Cook until oil comes out.
- Now add rajma. Mix well.
- Cook, stirring occasionally.
- When the oil is secreted from rajma, add the potatoes. Mix well.
- Now, pour in 3 cups of hot water. Mix the ingredients.
- Cover the pressure cooker and cook for 4-5 whistles.
- Let the pressure release normally.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter on top of the sauce.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.