Snakehead Murrel Fish or Xol Mas is a healthy fish believed to help in treating asthma, heart disease and many others diseases.
Today let us try a simple household recipe of cauliflower curry with Xol Mas. This mouthwatering dish is shared by our guest author, Kabita.
Phulkobi Xol Masor Jul
- 1/2 kg Xol Mas (Snakehead Murrel Fish)
- 1 Medium Size Cauliflower Cut into medium florets
- 2 Medium Size Potatoes Cut into medium cubes
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder (Better if the powder is homemade)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Dry Red Chilly
- 2-3 Green Chillies Sliced in the middle
- 1 Medium Size Onion Grate smoothly
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Corinader Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 50 gm Mustard Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Half boil the potato cubes and cauliflower florets. Keep aside.
- Clean the fish well. Cut into medium size pieces.
- Marinate with turmeric and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the fish pieces lightly. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat some more oil.
- Add cumin seeds, bay leaf and dry red chilly. Saute for a while.
- Add grated onion and sliced green chillies. Fry till onion turn golden brown.
- Now, add ginger paste, coriander powder and cumin powder. Mix well. Fry till oil oozes out.
- Add boiled cauliflower and potatoes. Mix well. Stir for a minute.
- Add salt and turmeric powder. Fry for about 5 minutes.
- Pour a cup (or as per desired thickness) of hot water.
- When gravy boils, add the fish pieces.
- Cook till gravy thickness. Sprinkle garam masala powder.
- Remove from fire after 2-3 minutes.