Peda is a sweet meant for festivals in India. Can you imagine Diwali without Peda?
Today lets try preparing Peda with milk powder. This recipe is shared by our guest author, Babita.
Peda Recipe with Milk Powder
- 1 Cup Milk Powder
- 1/2 Cup Milk (Liquid)
- 1/2 Cup Biscuit Flour
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 Powdered Cardamon (Elaichi)
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- In a non-sticky pan, heat 2 tbsp Ghee. Keep low flame.
- Add liquid milk. When milk heats a little, add milk powder to it. Mix well.
- Now, add biscuit flour, 1 tbsp sugar and elaichi powder. Mix again and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Check if the mixture becomes soft and easily comes out from the pan.
- Put off the flame. Keep stirring the mixture for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the mixture to a wide bowl and let it cool.
- Now add another 2-3 tbsp sugar and knead the mixture well into a dough.
- Prepare small balls of your desired size and flatten lightly with your thumb into shape of a peda.
- You can make powder of 3-4 Britannia Marie Gold biscuit and mix to the peda in order to give a good colour.
- Do not keep the peda in refrigerator.
Serve with tea or coffee. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!