Bengal is famous for its sweets. Patishapta Pitha is a popular bengali sweet usually prepared during winter as well as festivals.
Bengali Pan Cake with Coconut Filling
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1 cup Maida
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Grated Coconut
- Ghee As required for frying
- 2 cup Water
- Add 2 tbsp of sugar to the grated coconut. Mix well.
- Heat a pan and add the mixture. Keep stirring till it becomes sticky. Keep aside to cool.
- Mix rice flour, maida and sugar with water. Mix well till sugar dissolves and the batter becomes a bit thick.
- Heat ghee in a non-sticky pan.
- Now, spread a cup of batter into a medium pancake on the pan. Allow the mixture to swell a bit.
- Add a spoonful of coconut mixture in the centre.
- Roll it up. Keep frying till all the sides become light brown.
- Remove your pitha from the pan and keep aside.
- Repeat same procedure for the remaining batter.
Patishapta Pitha can be relished with hot tea or coffee. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!