Can you imagine an outing in a restaurant without starters – Chicken Tikka, Mutton Tikka or Fish Tikka!!! For vegetarians, the alternative is Paneer Tikka.
Today, we present a very easy and homely style of cooking Paneer Tikka without Oven or Tandoor.
You need a grill net and skewers for grilling tikka over gas flame.
Paneer Tikka - Grilled over Gas Flame
- Grill Net
- 250 gms Panner
- 1 Large Size Green Capsicum
- 1 Large Size Onion
- 3 tbsp Curd
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tbsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 1 tbsp Tandoori Masala Powder
- 2-3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Salt to Taste
- Slice Paneer into medium size cubes. Cut onion into halve and remove each layer one by one. Dice capsicum into medium size slices.
- Now, take the diced paneer & vegetables in a big bowl and add curd, ginger-garlic paste, black pepper, jeera, kashmiri red chilly powder, tandoori masala and salt. Mix the ingredients well and marinate for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Saute paneer and vegetables.
- Rememeber that the paneer cubes will get cooked faster than the vegetables. Remove the paneer cubes when it just start to get golden color on both sides. Remove the vegetables as well when it is half cooked.
- Now, using skewer, skew paneer, capsicum and onion, alternating with each other.
- Put a grill net (if you have one) over gas flame.
- Arrange the skewers on the grill net.
- Turn the skewers and cook all the sides for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the skewers from fire.