Paneer Pakoda is a popular variety of indian fritters better known as pakora or pakoda or bajji or bhajiya. Crispy and soft, it is a perfect companion with tea or coffee and also a well relished starter.
- 250 gm Paneer
- 1/2 cup Besan (Gram Flour)
- 5 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 tbsp Black Cumin Seeds (Kala Jeera)
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tbsp Kasuri Methi
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- Salt To Taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Cut paneer into medium cubes.
- In a bowl, combine besan, corn flour, poppy seeds, kala jeera, kasuri methi, kashmiri red chilly powder, turmeric, salt and little water. Mix well to the consistency of a soft paste.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Dip the paneer cubes in the batter in small batches. Drop the pakoras one at a time slowly into the frying pan. Fry the pakoras until both sides are golden brown. Remove from oil and keep aside.
- Repeat for the remaining batches.
- Your paneer pakoras are ready.
Serve hot with dip of your choice. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!