Paneer is a fresh cheese made by curdling milk with vegetable-derived acid, such as lemon juice or vinegar. It is used in an array of vegetarian recipes especially in North India. Paneer is considered a vegetarian alternative to chicken or meat.
Farmtorasoi’s Paneer Masala is a tasty vegetarian recipe with a difference. For vegetarians, this one is a must try. For non-vegetarians, try this recipe for a change.
Farmtorasoi's Paneer Masala
- 150 gms Paneer Cut into cubes
- 2 medium size Onion Chopped
- 3 medium size Tomato Chopped
- 15 gm Cashew Nuts (Kaju)
- 15 gm Raisins (Kismis)
- 3 Green Chillies Slit into half
- 1 inch Ginger
- 10-12 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander (Dhania) Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 2 tbsp Red Chilly Powder (Kashmiri Mirch)
- 1 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 4 tbsp Cream (Fresh) To be used during cooking
- Salt To taste
- 2 tbsp Cream (Fresh) To garnish
- 3-4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 cup Water
- Keep all the ingredients handy.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add paneer cubes and fry till they start to become brownish on both sides. Keep them aside.
- In the same oil (add more oil if required), add onion, tomato, kaju, kismis and green chillies, and fry till they are cooked.
- Remove them from fire. Pour the mixture in a grinder and make a paste.
- Now, add oil in a pan (You may use butter instead) and let it heat.
- Add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add the paste. Stir the mixture well for a while.
- Now, add salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and kashmiri mirch. Cook with occasional stirring till oil secretes from the masala.
- Add 1/2 cup of water. Allow the gravy to boil for sometime.
- Add paneer cubes to the gravy.
- Add 4 tbsp fresh cream.
- Cook for sometime. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from fire. Garnish with 2 tbsp fresh cream.