Corn or Maize or Makai is grown throughout the world and has many health benefits. It is used as a vegetable in preparation of soups, salads, curry, flakes and many more. How can one forget our favorite popcorn made by popping small corn kernels?
Today we will explore a lightly spiced sabzi made out of corn and palak (spinach) leveraging on the sweet and bland taste of the combination.
Farmtorasoi's Palak Corn Sabzi
- 1 bowl Corn Kernels
- 2 bunch Spinach Chopped
- 1 medium size Tomato Chopped
- 10-15 cloves Garlic Or 3-4 cloves if size is big
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 medium size Onions Chopped
- 2 Green Chillies Chopped
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- Salt To taste
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil Prefarably mustard oil
- Keep all the ingredients ready
- Boil spinach for 1-2 minutes
- Grind garlic and ginger in a grinder
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion. Saute till lightly brown.
- Add tomato and garlic ginger paste, and stir
- Add salt and turmeric and saute well
- Add green chilies and stir for sometime
- Add spinach and stir to mix well
- After stirring for 3-4 minutes, add corn and stir again
- Once the mixture gets dry, take off the heat
Serve hot with white rice, chappatti, naan or parantha Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!