Nimki is a popular crunchy snack. Its easy to prepare and forms a perfect companion with a hot cup of tea.
- 1/2 kg Maida
- 1/2 tbsp Black Cumin Seeds (Kalonji)
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Refined Oil
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl, add maida, baking powder, kalonji, 3 tbsp Refined oil and salt.
- Now, sprinkle warm water and mix thoroughly to make a dough. Knead well.
- Divide the dough into small balls.
- Flatten and roll the balls like a chapati.
- Cut the balls into small pieces.
- Now, heat oil and ghee in a deep pan.
- Deep fry the nimki pieces.
- Store in an air tight container.
Serve as snack with morning or evening tea. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!