Have you ever tried any Nepalese dish? If not, let us try an authentic Nepali til chutney recipe. This recipe is shared by our guest author, Rashna.
Much as simple it is in preparation, it is amply healthy too.
Nepali Til Chutney
- 1/2 Cup Sesame Seed (Til)
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Peas
- 2-3 Clove Garlic Make a Paste
- 1 Inch Ginger Make a Paste
- 1 Medium Size Onion Chopped for frying
- 1 Medium Size Onion Chopped for Garnishing
- 2 Green Chillies Chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard Oil
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Salt To Taste
- In the previous night, soak yellow peas.
- Now, in a dry pan, roast the sesame seeds (til) on low flame. Roast till they turn golden brown.Take a mixer, grind the roasted sesame seeds (til) to a paste. Keep aside.
- Take the soaked yellow peas and boil them. Boil till the peas are medium cooked.
- Now, in a pan, heat 1 tsp mustard oil. Add chopped onion, ginger and garlic paste. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add boiled peas to it. Mix well.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Now, add sesame seed paste to it. Add little water. Also, add salt to taste.
- Fry till water gets dried up.
- Remove from fire.
- Add chopped onion and green chillies. Mix well.Your chutney is ready.
Serve hot with plain rice. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!