Here is another authentic recipe from our guest author Kabita. Narikel Puli Pitha is very common item for snacks in Assamese and Bengali households.
Narikel Puli Pitha
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 1/2 kg Maida
- 1/2 litre Refined Oil
- 5 pcs Elaichi
- 10 pcs Raisin
- 1/4 tbsp Salt
- In a heated pan, add coconut and jaggery. Cook with occasional stirring till the mixture becomes semi sticky. Add cashew and raisin, and remove the pan from fire.
- Now, mix maida, salt and warm water. Knead well. Make thick dough similar to what we prepare for making roti.
- Prepare small balls and roll out into circles.
- Place a small amount of coconut filling on each circle. Close the circles into any shape of your choice.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the pithas in medium heat until it is cooked thoroughly and becomes slightly golden.
- Now, in a pan, mix sugar and water. Boil the mixture till sugar dissolves. Remove pan from flame.
- Mix the pithas in the sugar syrup. By doing so, we ensure that the pithas can be stored for many days without getting spoilt.
- When the pithas cool down, store them in any container.
Relish coconut pithas with your morning or evening tea. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!