Dal Fry with Egg is a protein rich recipe. Our guest author, Pragati have shared her version of dal fry with egg and vegetables today.
Masoor Dal Fry with Egg
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 Cup Masoor Dal
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Bean
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas
- 1 Medium Size Carrot Chopped
- 1 Medium Size Onion Chopped
- 3 Green Chillies Chopped
- 1 Dry Red Chilly
- 3 Cloves Garlic Mash them
- 1/4 tbsp Pas Poron
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Add masoor dal with 1 1/2 cups of water in a pressure cooker. Cook for 2 whistles. Turn off flame and allow pressure to release naturally.
- Now, heat oil in a pan. Add pas poron and dry chilly, and let them crackle.
- Add chopped onion, mashed garlic and green chillies. Saute till golden brown.
- Add chopped beans, chopped carrot, peas, turmeric and salt. Stir and cook them well.
- Now, break the egg into the pan and keep stirring till it gets mixed with the vegetables.
- Add the boiled masoor dal. If required, pour 1 cup hot water. Mix well.
- Cook dal for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- When the gravy thickens, put off flame.
- Pour 1 tbsp butter.
- Your dal fry is ready.
Serve hot with rice. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!