‘Bota’, ‘Bata’ or Chutney is an indispensable item in a lunch or dinner thali in lower Assam and Bengal. Many varieties of chutney is found in a traditional Assamese or Bengali dish.
Today we try chutney prepared from masoor dal. Its to be noted that preparation of chutney is very easy and less time consuming.
Availability of fresh red chillies will enhance taste of this chutney.
Masoor Dal Chutney
- 1/2 cup Masoor Dal / Red lentils
- 10 Red Chillies
- 3-4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Soak masoor dal in water for about 2 hours.
- Drain water and transfer dal into a bowl.
- Add red chillies and garlic cloves.
- Now, grind the ingredients in a mixer-grinder (or in traditional seal nora)
- Once the mixture forms a smooth paste, take it in a bowl and mix salt and mustard oil.
- Your tasty massor dal chutney is ready.