If we consider health benefits, then lettuce is known to protect from cardiovascular diseases, anemia, and loss of memory. It contains minerals (like iron, calcium, magnesium, and potassium), folates, vitamin A, C, K.
Today Farmtorasoi explores a tasty and simple recipe cooked with lettuce and fish. Lettuce and fish? While it may sound strange, trust us, lettuce can be a good companion when prepared with fish.
Let’s try this recipe!
Lettuce Fish Curry
- 2 Bunch Lettuce (Any variety)
- 4-5 Medium Size Piece of Fish (Rohu, Katla, Ari, Barali or any other river fish)
- 15-20 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 Medium Size Onion Chopped
- 2-3 Green Chillies Sliced in the middle
- 1/2 tbsp Kalonji
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 1-2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Clean the lettuce and chop the leaves.
- Chop onion and garlic.
- Meanwhile, marinate pieces of fish with salt and turmeric. Keep for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet.Fry the pieces of fish. Make sure both sides are golden brown. Don't overcook.Now, remove the pieces of fish and reserve.
- In the same heated oil, add 1/2 tablespoon of kalonji. Sauté for 10 seconds.
- Add the minced onion and garlic. Sauté until onion and garlic turn brown.
- Now add chopped lettuce. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.Add salt and turmeric.
- Cover the skillet. Stir occasionally by removing the lid.Use low to medium heat.
- When the water dries, add 2 cups of hot water (or depending on the desired consistency). Also, add sliced green chilies.
- When the water starts to boil, add the pieces of fish.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the fire.
Our other fish item prepared with lettuce: KOI MAS LAI XAAK RECIPE – CAT FISH LETTUCE GRAVY