In Bengali, shutki means dry fish. There are various type of shutki available in the market. Today we will prepare the dish using Mon Bhola Shutki. You can prepare with any types of dried fish. This recipe is easy to prepare and yummy to eat.
Kosur Loti Xukaan Mas
- 1 Bundle Kochur Loti or Taro Stolon
- 3-4 Pieces Mon Bhola Dry Fish
- 1 Dry Red Chilly
- 5 Green Chilies
- 10-12 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 50 gm Mustard Oil
- Salt To Taste
- First of all, make a thick paste of garlic, red chilly and green chilies.
- Cut the kochur loti into 2 inch long pieces. Boil them for 5 minutes. Drain water and keep aside.
- Now, clean the dry fishes properly.Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is heated, fry the dry fishes until light golden brown. Keep them aside.
- In the same pan, add little oil. Add garlic, red chilly and green chilies paste. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the boiled loti and cook them for 5-8 minutes.Meanwhile, add turmeric powder, kashmiri red chilli powder and salt.Mix well and cook for another 10 minutes. Use medium flame.
- When oil secretes from the loti, add the dry fish.Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Your dish is ready.