Farmtorasoi brings another crispy fritter recipe – Kala Chana Moong Dal Pakoda. Its a perfect tea time snack, especially during winter and rainy seasons.
Kala Chana Moong Dal Pakoda - Bengal Gram and Green Moong Dal Fritters
- 50 gm Green Moong Dal
- 50 gm Black Chickpeas (Kala Chana or Bengal Gram)
- 2 medium size Onions Chopped
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1 inch Ginger
- 25 gm Rice Four
- 1 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 1 cup Chopped Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
- Salt To taste
- Cooking Oil For deep frying
- Soak Green Moong Dal and Black Chickpeas in water overnight (or 4-5 hours).
- Drain soaked Dal and Chickpeas, and add to the grinder. Grind them to a paste
- Make another paste of ginger and green chillies.
- Now, mix dal and chickepeas paste, rice flour, ginger and green chillies paste, chopped onions, turmeric powder and salt. Ensure that you mix the batter well.
- Heat oil in a deep fry pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter in oil.
- Deep fry them till crisp and golden brown.
- Remove the pakoras from oil and keep aside.
- Repeat process for remaining batter.
Serve with green chutney, coconut chutney or tomato ketchup. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!