Pickles are deep rooted in Indian food habits. We need pickle as a side item for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks. We prepare pickle from almost everything – vegetables, fruits, fish and even meat. Food without a pinch of pickle is almost impossible.
Farmtorasoi explores pickle prepared from jujube in simple homely style. Its sour and spicy taste will keep your lips smacking!!
Jujube is a seasonal fruit available during winter. Its found almost in all parts of India. It is very rich in Vitamin C and helps in regulation of blood pressure and blood circulation. It is believed to improve sleep and cure insomnia.
Kuler or Bogorir Achar
- 1 kg Jujube
- 2 tbsp Panch Phoron
- 500 gm Mustard Oil You may need more
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Salt (Or to taste)
- 2 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 250 gm Mix of Green and Red Chillies
- Take a kg of jujube or bogori or kul or ber.
- Cut the jujubes in medium pieces (as shown in the image)
- Mix salt and turmeric powder, and sun dry for 4-5 days.
- On the other hand, chop the chillies and sun dry for 4-5 days separately.
- Now heat mustard oil in a pan.
- Once oil is smoking hot, add panch phoron to it.
- Remove the pan from fire and let the oil to cool down.
- Add jujubes. Mix jujubes well with the oil.
- Add vinegar, mix the ingredients. Keep for a day.
- Next day, mix sun-dried chillies with jujubes.
- Bottle the mixture in a jar of 1 kg capacity.