Macaroni is a type of pasta that looks like an elbow. A recipe with macaroni pasta is a good choice for breakfast or snacks, and when added with vegetables, it can be a well-balanced meal. It is a favorite among kids. Though pasta originated in Italy, it is more or less consumed all over the world. The main ingredient of macaroni is durum or macaroni wheat (Triticum durum). In India, it is called Malvi Gehu, mainly cultivated in Malwa (Madhya Pradesh).
Farmtorasoi's Indian Style Macaroni Pasta
- 250 gms Macaroni
- 1 medium size Carrot Cut into small cubes
- 3 Green Chillies
- 2 medium size Onions Chopped
- 6-7 cloves Garlic Mashed
- 1/2 inch Ginger Mashed
- 1/2 bowl Green Peas
- 1 Capsicum Chopped
- 1 medium size Tomato Chopped
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 7-8 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- Salt To taste
- 4 tbsp Refined Oil
- Keep all the ingredients ready.
- Boil macaroni till it is firm to the bite (al dente). Drain and spread out onto a plate.
- Heat 4 tbsp refined oil and 2 tbsp butter in a pan.
- Add chopped onion and sauté till translucent.
- Add mashed garlic and ginger. Saute till golden brown.
- Now add carrot and stir for a while. Let the carrots get cooked.
- Add the capsicum and tomato. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add green peas, salt and turmeric powder. Cook for a while.
- Add boiled macaroni and tomato ketchup. Mix all the ingredients well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from fire.