Indian Sorrel or Changeri is good for stomach ache, have a cooling effect and cures diarrhea and dysentery. Today we present a very easy recipe of fish curry prepared with changeri leaves. This dish is contributed by Babita, our guest author.
Read more on changeri:
Changeri Fish Curry
- 2 Cups Changeri (Gongura) Leaves
- 250 gms Small Fish (like Boriyala or Bhangan)
- 1/4 tbsp Pas Phoron
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 6 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Grind changeri leaves with a little bit of water in a mixture and make a paste. Keep aside.
- Marinate fishes with turmeric and salt.
- Heat oil in pan and fry the fishes till golden brown. Keep aside.
- In the pan, add more oil and allow to heat up. Add pas phoron and saute for a while.
- Now, add the changeri leaves paste, turmeric and salt. Cover the pan and cook till the mixture bubbles.
- Remove cover and add the fish pieces. Mix well.
- Allow to cook with occasional stirring till gravy thicken. Add hot water if you need more gravy.
- Remove from fire.