Payas is a great dessert for any time of the year. Our guest author Babita has contributed a unique recipe of Payas in her own style.
Indian Rice Pudding - Payas
- Stainless Steel Strainer
- 1 Cup Joha Rice (Gobindobhog rice can also be used)
- 1 Litre Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 100 gm Mixture of Dry Fruits (Dates, Raisins, Almonds and Cashew)
- 2 Elaichi Grind to powder
- Wash the rice well. Strain rice off all water using perforated strainer.
- In a deep pan, heat ghee. Add rice to it and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add milk and stir on low flame.
- When milk thickens, add sugar and elaichi powder.
- Cook till rice is completely cooked.
- Remove from fire. Garnish with pieces of dry fruits.
Payas is served hot or chilled. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!