Mango is a common item when it comes to preparing pickles. Today we present another recipe of mango pickle from the kitchen of Kabita.
- 2 1/2 kg Raw Mango
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Methi (Fenugreek) Seeds
- 1 tbsp Jeera (Cumin) Seeds
- 1 tbsp Dhania (Coriander) Seeds
- 1 tbsp Fennel (Saunf) Seeds
- 1 tbsp Red Chilly Powder
- 2 Red Dry Chillies
- 100 gms Green Chillies Chopped into 2 pieces.
- 250 gms Mustard Oil
- 2 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 2 tbsp Salt (or more)
- Wash the mangoes and clean them with a dry cloth ensuring there is no moisture. Now, cut the mangoes into two pieces, remove the seeds and further cut into small cubes. Marinate the mangoes with turmeric powder and salt. Also, add chopped green chillies. Sun dry for 2-3 days.
- Heat a pan. Add mustard seeds, methi, jeera seeds, dhania, saunf and red dry chillies. Roast for 1 minute. Do not fry them. Now, take these ingredients in a mixer-grinder, and grind them.
- Now, heat oil in a deep pan. Remove from flame and allow to cool.
- Add dried mangoes and green chillies and masala powder made earlier. Mix well. Transfer the pickle to a glass bottle. Close the bottle and rotate it so that the ingredients mix well.
- Keep the bottle in sunshine for 1-2 weeks. Your pickle is ready.
Ensure that pickle is kept away from moisture. Use dry spoon to serve pickle. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!