Here is another recipe of Gulab Jamun made from Sooji, shared by our guest author Babita.
Homemade Gulab Jamun with Sooji
For Gulab Jamun
- 1 Cup Sooji
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Oil to Fry
For Sugar Syrup
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cup Water
To Make Gulab Jamun:
- In a cooking pan, heat 1 tbsp Ghee on medium flame. Add 1 cup sooji and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add 1 tbsp sugar and fry for another 10 seconds.
- Now, add 1 1/2 Cup milk. Mix well and remove from flame.
- When the mixture cools, knead to make a dough.
- Take a small portion from the dough and prepare round ball.
- Do this for the entire dough. You should have 14-15 small balls.
- Now, heat oil in a deep fry pan. Keep medium flame.
- Add the gulab jamun balls in the oil and fry till golden brown.
- Keep the gulab jamun balls aside.
To make Sugar Syrup:
- In a pan, take 2 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Let it boil for sometime.
- When the syrup becomes thick, remove from flame.
- Now, dip the gulab jamun balls in the syrup. Let it sit for atleast 2 hours.
- Your gulab jamun is ready.
Serve gulab jamun as desert. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!