After rasogolla, gulab jamun is perhaps most popular sweet item in an Indian food plate.
Let’s try to prepare gulab jamun in Farmtorasoi’s style.
Homemade Gulab Jamun with Maida
For Gulab Jamun
- 1 Cup Milk Powder
- 1/2 Cup Maida
- 1/4 Cup Liquid Milk
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 Cup Oil to Fry
- 1/4 Cup Ghee to Fry
For Sugar Syrup
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Hari Elaichi
- 3 Cup Water
To Make Gulab Jamun
- Keep the ingredients ready.
- In a Big Bowl take Milk Powder, Maida, Baking Powder and Ghee. Mix the ingredients well.
- Now add milk and knead gently to make a dough.
- Take a small portion from the dough and prepare round ball.
- Do this for the entire dough. You should have 14-15 small balls.
- Now, heat oil and ghee in a deep fry pan. Keep medium flame.
- Add the gulab jamun balls in the oil and fry till golden brown.
- Keep the gulab jamun balls aside.
To make Sugar Syrup
- Keep the ingredients handy.
- In a pan, take 3 cup water, 1 cup sugar and 3 elaichi.
- Let it boil for sometime.
- When the syrup becomes thick, remove from flame.
- Now, dip the gulab jamun balls in the syrup. Let it sit for atleast 2 hours.
- Your gulab jamun is ready.
Serve gulab jamun as desert. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!