Nothing can surpass taste of Homemade Chicken Biryani!
Biryani is a royal dish that means ‘frying or roasting before cooking’. It is also one of the most sought after items in any restaurant.
Today we are going to try home-style chicken biryani. This recipe is shared by our guest author, Bandita.
You may try out our Vegetarian Biryani Recipe: VEGETABLE BIRYANI
Homemade Chicken Biryani
- 1 kg Chicken Cut into large pieces.
- 1 Cup Curd
- 1/2 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander (Dhania) Powder
- 1 tbsp Biryani Masala
- 3/4 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 2 Cup Basmati Rice
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 Inch Dal Chini
- 1 tbsp Javitri
- 2 Star Anise
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 5-6 Cloves
- 2-3 Cardamom Pods
- 6 Cups Water
- Salt To Taste
Other Biryani Ingredients:
- 2-3 Eggs
- 4 Big Size Potato
- 4 Big Size Onion
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 Cup Chopped Pudina
- 1 Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Meetha Attar
- 100 gm Mustard Oil
- Wash the chicken pieces and drain all the water.Now, add curd, kashmiri red chilly powder, cumin powder, dhania powder, biryani masala, ginger garlic paste, mustard oil, turmeric powder, and salt.Mix and marinate for 3-4 hours.
- Chop a large onion into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in another pan. Add the onion pieces. Fry until golden.
- Now, add the marinated chicken. Mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Every now and then, open the lid and stir.
- When the oil starts to come out of the chicken, add 2 cups of hot water. Mix well.
- Cover the pan again and cook for another 10 minutes.
- When the sauce thickens, remove it from the heat.
- Cut 3 large onions into medium size slices.Now, heat oil in a frying pan and add the onions. Sauté the onions until golden brown, without burning them. Keep aside.
- Cut each potato into two halves.In the same skillet, heat more oil. Fry the potato cubes until golden brown. Make sure the potatoes are half cooked. Set aside.
- Boil the eggs. Peel off skin and keep aside.
- Wash 2 cups of rice.In a saucepan, heat 6 cups of water. Add 1/2 tablespoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of mustard oil, Dal Chini, star anise, 1 bay leaf, 2 sliced green chilies, Elaichi, Javitri, and Laung, along with 2 cups of rice.When the rice is 80% cooked, drain the rice from the water. Keep aside.
- Take a pressure cooker and coat all its sides with ghee.
- Spread some rice in one layer.
- On top of it, make another layer with chicken.
- Again, on top of chicken, make another layer with rice.
- On top of it, spread, fried potaoes and onions.
- Again, make a layer with rice.
- Then, another layer with the remaining chicken.
- Finally, make a layer with remaining rice.
- On top, spread fried onions, boiled eggs and chopped pudina.
- Also, mix 1 tbsp meetha aator with 1/2 cup of milk. Spread on top of biryani.
- Now, close the cooker lid. Reduce flame to low. Cook for 1 whistle.
- Your biryani is ready. Garnish with chopped coriander.