Who can forget memories of homemade cake prepared by your mother during those special celebrations – birthdays, anniversaries, festivals or even snacks?
Farmtorasoi travels down memory lane and presents delectable recipe of homemade cake.
Farmtorasoi's Homemade Cake Recipe
- 1.5 cups Maida
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Refined Oil
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Butter
- In a mixer, grind sugar into powder.
- Now beat the eggs with sugar for some time or until the mixture becomes thick and fluffy.
- Add maida and mix well with the egg mixture. Beat continuously.
- Add baking powder and keep on mixing.
- Now, add refined oil. Continue mixing and beating till mixture is fluffy and starts to stick together. (The quality of your cake depends on how thoroughly the ingredients are combined.)
- Take a complete dry silver bowl. Rub inside of the bowl with refined oil in order to grease it well.
- Transfer the mixture to the bowl. Add 2 tbsp of butter on top of the mixture.
- Take a pressure cooker and put a heat proof stand in it.
- Place the bowl carefully on the stand inside the cooker.
- Cover the lid of the pressure cooker. Do not put on the whistle.
- Cook on low flame for 45 minutes.
- Now, insert a small spoon into the cake. If the spoon comes out clean without any cake sticking to it then the cake is perfectly done. If not then cook the cake for few more minutes until the spoon pick comes out clean.
- Take the bowl out of the cooker and let it cool down.