We are overwhelmed with the contribution of recipes from our guest authors. Niyar is another new addition to Farmtorasoi family.
Presenting homely style Mutton Curry from Niyar’s kitchen.
- 500 gm Mutton
- 1 Large Size Potato Cut into 4 pieces
- 3 Medium Size Onions Chopped
- 5 Green or Red Chillies Make a paste
- 2 inch Ginger Make a paste
- 15-20 Cloves Garlic Make a paste
- 1 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander (Dhania) Powder
- 1 Laung
- 2 Elaichi
- 1 Small Stick Dal Chini
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 25 gm Mustard Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Wash mutton pieces and keep aside.
- Arrange the ingredients.
- Keep the masala handy.
- Mash elaichi, laung and dal chini.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add bay leaf, elaichi, laung and dal chini. Saute for a while.
- Add chopped onions. Fry till golden brown.
- Now, add paste of ginger, garlic and chilly. Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add potatoes. Mix well.
- When potatoes turn golden brown, add mutton. Mix the ingredients.
- Now, add turmeric powder and salt. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cumin powder and dhania powder. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, cover pan with a lid. Cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan and mix well.
- Cover pan with lid again. Monitor occasionally.
- When oil starts oozing out, add 1 glass of water. Let the gravy start to boil.
- Transfer the ingredients to a pressure cooker.
- Now, cook mutton curry in cooker for 10-12 whistles.
- Allow the pressure to release normally. Your mutton curry is ready.
This homely style mutton curry is ready to be served hot with steamed rice or roti. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!