Mango is a common item when it comes to preparing pickles. Today we present grated mango pickle from the kitchen of Kabita.
Grated Mango Pickle
- 2 1/2 kg Raw Mango
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Methi (Fenugreek) Seeds
- 1 tbsp Jeera (Cumin) Seeds
- 1 tbsp Dhania (Coriander) Seeds
- 1 tbsp Fennel (Saunf) Seeds
- 2 Red Dry Chillies
- 100 gms Green Chillies
- 1 tbsp Red Chilly Powder
- 12-15 Medium Size Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Pudina Powder Powder made after drying Pudina in sunshine
- 250 gms Mustard Oil
- 1 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 2 tbsp Salt (or more)
- Wash the mangoes and dry them in sunshine. Ensure there is no water left in the mangoes. Peel the mangoes off its skin. Grate them with a grater. Squeeze the grated mangoes to remove juice from it.
- Heat a pan. Add mustard seeds, methi, jeera seeds, dhania, saunf and red dry chillies. Roast for 1 minute. Do not fry them. Now, take these ingredients in a mixer-grinder, and grind them.
- Clean the garlic cloves and green chillies with a wet cloth. Do not wash them. Chop the green chillies. Grind the garlic cloves without adding water. You can use a pestle and mortar.
- Now, heat oil in a deep pan. Remove from flame and allow to cool.
- Add salt, grated mangoes, masala powder made earlier, pudina powder, turmeric powder, garlic paste and chopped green chillies. Mix well.
- Do not put the pickle in bottle immediately. Put the pickle in a wide mouth dry container. Stir with a spoon 2 times a day. Ensure the container is kept away from water.
- After 2-3 days, transfer the pickle to a glass bottle.
- Your pickle is ready.
Ensure that pickle is kept away from moisture. Use dry spoon to serve pickle. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!