Gajar ka halwa or carrot pudding is a traditional Indian sweet dish served during festivals or as dessert for lunch or dinner.
FarmToRasoi presents Gajar Ka Halwa in its own style.
Gajar ka Halwa - Carrot Pudding
- 6-7 Carrots Prefarably tender ones
- 1/2 cup Sugar Or as per your taste
- 1/2 litre Milk
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 25 gm Cashew Nuts To be used for cooking as well as garnish
- 4 tbsp Refined Oil
- 5-6 Almonds (Badam) For garnish
- Keep ingredients ready
- Wash and peel the carrots.
- Grate the carrots with a hand grater or in a food processor. Keep aside.
- Heat refined oil in a pan
- Pour grated carrots to the heated oil and stir well.
- Keep stirring till smell of carrot starts to fade away.
- When done, add milk and sugar. Let it boil.
- Add cashew nuts and cook till milk will start to evaporate and reduce.
- Add ghee and keep on stirring.
- Continue to cook till the halwa thickens and all milk has evaporated.
- Remove from burner.
- Garnish with pieces of almonds and cashew.
Serve Gajar ka Halwa warm or chilled as dessert. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!