If you want to have something different today, try this recipe. This protein rich dish will suit your lunch or dinner menu.
Fried Rice with Soya Chunks
- 250 gm Basmati Rice
- 200 gm Soya Chunks
- 100 gm Bean Chopped
- 1 Medium Size Onion
- 5-6 Cashew Nuts
- 10 gm Raisin (Kismis)
- 3 Elaichi
- 2 Small stick Cinnamon
- 2 Green Chillies Cut into half
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- 100 gm Cooking Oil
- Salt to taste
- Keep all the ingredients handy.
- Cook rice till it is 80% boiled in a open pan.
- Drain all the water from the cooked rice in a perforated dispenser.
- Soak Soya Chunks in water for 30 minutes.
- Now, squeeze water from soya bean chunks.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp cooking oil. Add the soya chunks with salt and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder. Fry for sometime. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add some more oil and heat it.
- Now, add the chopped bean, pinch of salt, cashew nuts and raisins. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove the pan from fire and keep aside.
- Take another pan. Heat remaining oil.
- Add elaichi and dal chini and saute for 1 minute.
- Now, add chopped onion and fry for sometime.
- Add the cooked rice to the above mixture along with salt and sugar. Mix well in medium flame.
- Add the soya chunks and mixture of chopped bean, cashew nuts and raisins. Stir fry for sometime.
- Now, sprinkle 1-2 tablespoon water. Cook on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from fire.
Relish this mouth watering dish hot with any thick gravy. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!