Fish Gut Recipe or Maachor Petu Recipe is a popular Assamese dish. This dish is generally enjoyed with white rice at the beginning of the meal. A slightly bitter taste makes the recipe delicious. On the health front, fish intestines are a good source of Omega3. Omega3 is good for cardiovascular diseases.
Fish intestine recipe - Maachor Petu Recipe
- 100 gm Fish Guts/Intestine (Petu) of any kind of big fish ike rahu or catla
- 1 Cup Cooked White Rice
- 3 Medium Size Onion Chopped
- 10-12 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 Cup Curry Leaves Crush the leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 2-3 Green Chillies Chopped
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Keep the ingredients ready.
- Clean and wash the fish guts. Carefully remove a small green bag attached to the intestine. If you break the bag, the whole fish guts will taste bitter.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add fish guts. Fry for a minute.
- Then add the turmeric and salt.
- Fry until oil comes out of the fish guts.
- Now add the minced onion and garlic. Mix well.
- Fry until the smell of raw garlic disappears.
- Add the chopped green chilies. Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the crushed curry leaves. Fry again for 30 seconds.
- Now, add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of water over the ingredients.
- Fry with occasional stirring for 5 minutes.
- Your recipe is ready!