Indian authentic dishes have more than mere taste. It is healthy and has great medicinal values! The recipe we are going to present today is one such dish which is full of health benefits – blood sugar reduction, cholesterol control, diabetic cure, weight loss enhancer and many more.
Lets deep dive into this simple, tasty and traditional dish.
Curry Leaf tree is a medium sized tree famous for its leaves. The tree is native to Indian sub-continent. Its aromatic leaves are used in many dishes, especially curries and hence the name ‘curry leaf’. In South India, curry leaves are indispensable ingredients to cooking.
The botanical name of curry leaf is Murraya koenigii.
Curry leaves have many medicinal benefits. It is believed to possess amongst many, anti-diabetic, cholesterol reducing property, anti-oxidative property and diarrhea curing capabilities.
Common name: Curry Leaf
Hindi: Kari Patta
Nepali: Mitho Neem
Read our detailed article: https://www.farmtorasoi.com/paederia-foetida/
Homemade Curry Leaf Skunk Vine Powder – Narasingha Bhebeli Lota Guri
- Take 2 bunches of curry leaves and skunk vine. Quantity must be as per your choice.
- Now, carefully separate the leaves from the sprig.
- Wash the leaves carefully so as to discard all dirt.
- Sun dry for 2-3 days. The leaves must be completely dry and crisp. If you break the leaves in between your fingers, they should make a sound.
- Using a mortar or grinder, make powder out of the leaves.
- Now, pass the powder through a sieve so that you get fine powder out of it.
- Store in glass container to use later. If no moisture comes in contact, the powder can last more than a year.
Fish Gravy with Curry Leaf And Skunk Vine Powder
- 6 Medium Size Pieces Rohu or Katla Fish
- 2 tbsp Curry Leaves Skunk Vine Powder
- 2 Medium Size Onion Chopped
- 6 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1/4 tbsp Kala Jeera
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil for frying fish
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Wash the fish pieces properly.Marinate the fish pieces with salt and turmeric powder. Keep for 10-15 minutes.Heat 2 tbsp mustard oil in a pan.Add the fish pieces and fry till golden brown. Ensure both sides of the fish is fried.Keep the fried fish pieces aside.
- Now, heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add 1/4 tbsp kalonji. Saute for 10 seconds.Add chopped onion and crushed garlic and fry till brown.Add salt, 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder and 2 tbsp Curry Leaves Skunk Vine Powder. Saute for 1-2 minutes.Now, add 2 cup boiling water. Allow to boil for 5 minutes.Add the fried fishes, cover the pan and cook on high heat for 12-15 minsAdjust the gravy as per desired consistency and take off heat.
- Your recipe is ready to be part of a scrumptious meal.