Assamese cuisine is known for its simplicity. It is characterized by having less oil and fewer spices and, therefore, does not cause an upset stomach. Today we present another very simple recipe prepared with fish, radish, and kohlrabi prepared in Assamese style.
Fish Curry with Radish and Kohlrabi
- 4 Medium Size Katla, Rui or Xol Maas Pieces
- 4 Medium Size Radish
- 2 Medium Size UlKobi (Knolkhol or Kohlrabi)
- 2 Medium Size Onion
- 2-3 Leaves Maan Dhania Chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Kalonji
- 1 tbsp Haldhi (Turmeric) Powder
- 50 gm Mustard Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Keep the ingredients ready.
- Peel the skin of radish and ulkobi. Wash them well.Cut the radish into round pieces.Similarly, cut ulkobi into medium cubes.
- Meanwhile, clean the pieces of fish.Add turmeric and salt and marinate for 30 minutes.Heat oil in a skillet. Shallow fry the pieces of fish. Set aside.
- In the remaining oil, put kalonji. Sauté for 15 seconds.
- Now, add the radish and ulkobi chunks. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Keep the flame low to medium.
- Add salt and turmeric powder. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are 90% done.
- Add 1 glass of boiling water. Bring it to a boil.
- Add the pieces of fish. Let the curry simmer and thicken.
- Before removing from heat, add chopped man dhania.
- Your fish sauce is ready.
Try this recipe as well: PHULKOBI XOL MASOR JUL – CAULIFLOWER SNAKEHEAD MURREL FISH CURRY