Cauliflower is a seasonal vegetable. It is available during winters and taste best when taken in its original season. Cauliflower recipe with fish is common in Assam.
Assamese cuisine is generally less spicy, light on your stomach and you can get the real taste of vegetables and fish in the gravy.
Farmtorasoi explores cauliflower potato fish curry in traditional #assamesestyle
Assamese Fish Curry
- 2 large pieces Rui or Katla Fish
- 1 medium size Cauliflower Cut into medium florets
- 2 medium size Potatoes Cut into medium cubes
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Seeds
- 1 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Dry Red Chilly Broken into 2 pieces
- 4 Red Chillies Sliced into half
- 1 inch Ginger Made into paste
- 2-3 tbsp Mustard Oil You can use any cooking oil also.
- 1 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- Salt To taste
- Marinate fish pieces with salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the fishes till golden brown. Keep aside.
- Separate cauliflower into florets. Then cook cauliflower and potatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Now, heat oil in a pan. Saute with cumin seeds, bay leaf and dry chilly.
- Add cauliflower, potatoes, turmeric powder and salt, and fry for a while.
- Add red chillies and ginger paste. Keep on frying.
- Add cumin (Jeera) powder, and fry till the vegetables are 3/4th cooked.
- Now add 2-3 cups of water and cover with lid.
- When the mix boils, add the fishes.
- Allow the gravy to boil till it thickens. Your curry is ready.
- Remove from fire and garnish with coriander leaves.