In India, fish with ginger curry is a common cuisine amongst people of lower Assam, although by and large similar recipe is prepared in many parts of Assam as well as India.
Today FarmToCuisine brings a typical recipe of fish curry with ginger from lower Assam, popularly known as “Maasor logot Adar Jol”
Fish and Ginger Curry - Assamese Style
- 3 large pieces Rui or Catla Fish
- 4 Green Chillies
- 2 inch Ginger
- 1/4 tbsp Black Cumin Seeds (Kala Jeera)
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- Salt To taste
- 1/2 tbsp Cooking Oil Prefarably mustard oil
- 1 cup Water
- Keep the ingredients ready
- Marinate pieces of fish with turmeric and salt
- Grind ginger and 2 green chilies to a fine paste
- Mix 1/2 cup water to the paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the fish pieces in hot oil. Allow both the sides to be golden brown.
- Add black cumin seeds to the fried fish and saute for 30 secs.
- Add the paste (mixed with water).
- Add turmeric powder, salt and 2 green chilies slit into half.
- Add 1/2 cup of water
- Cook the gravy for sometime till it thickens. Remove from fire.