Egg Masala is a spicy curry, simple and easy to cook with readily available ingredients.
Today let us try our hands on FarmToRasoi’s version of Egg Masala.
Farmtorasoi's Egg Masala
- 2 Eggs Hard boiled
- 2 medium size Tomatoes
- 2 medium size Onions
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1 inch Ginger
- 10 cloves Garlic Take 5 cloves if size is large
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin Seeds (Kala Jeera)
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Corainder (Dhania) Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- Salt To taste
- Cooking Oil Preferably mustard oil
- 1/2 cup Water
- Keep all the ingredients handy.
- Take boiled eggs in a bowl. Peel off their skin.
- Add turmeric powder and salt, and mix them thoroughly with the eggs
- Heat oil in a pan, put the eggs in the pan and saute till goldern brown. Keep aside.
- In a grinder, make a paste of ginger, garlic, onions and green chilies
- Chop tomatoes into small pieces.
- Now, heat oil in a pan (You canr use the same oil that was used to saute eggs).
- Add cumin seeds and saute well.
- Add the paste and mix them for sometime
- Add turmeric powder and salt, and cook for 5 minutes while continuously stirring the mixture.
- Now, add tomatoes, cumin powder and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Cook till the tomatoes collapse and oil secretes out from the masala.
- Add 1/2 cup water and let it boil.
- Add the eggs. Then stir occasionally and allow the gravy to thicken.
- When gravy sticks to the eggs, put off the flame.
Egg Masala can be paired with rice, biryani, pulao or parantha. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!