Egg curry is a common Indian dish. Every region in India has its own way of preparing egg curry.
FarmToRasoi presents a unique and simple recipe of egg curry.
Farmtorasoi's Egg Curry
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2 Red Dry Chilllies
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 medium size Onion Chopped
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 3 Cardamom (Elaichi)
- 1 small Cinammon (Dal Chini) Stick
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 5-6 tbsp Tomato Sauce (Ketchup)
- 1-2 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 1/2 bunch Corinader Leaves Chopped for garnish
- Cooking Oil Preferably mustard oil
- Keep the ingredients handy
- Peel the boiled eggs. Cut them into halves.
- Coat the eggs with 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric and 1-2 pinch of salt
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the eggs till golden brown. Remove them from the pan.
- In the same hot oil, add laung, dalchini, elaichi, dry chilies and bay leaves, and allow to splutter
- Add chopped onion and green chilies and fry for sometime.
- Add turmeric, red chilly powder and salt, and saute for 1-2 minutes
- Mix tomato sauce with little water, and add to the masala. Saute for a while so that the ingredients blend well.
- When the mixture starts to boil, add the eggs. Cook for 1 minute and turn off flame.
- Sprinkle some coriander leaves for garnish.
Egg curry is best served with plain rice or chapathi. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!